Do you need help finding help?
Looking for help with everyday needs?
Are you facing difficult times and are not sure where to turn?
Dialing 2-1-1 is your first step! By dialing 2-1-1, information is much easier to find! Vermont 2-1-1 is a simple number to dial for information about health and human service organizations in your community.
At Vermont 2-1-1, callers will speak with a real person every time. Call Specialists can problem solve and/or refer callers to government programs, community-based organizations, support groups, and many other local resources. Vermont 2-1-1 is:
A local call from anywhere in Vermont.
Confidential telephone assistance.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Live translation services for 170 languages.
Access for persons who have special needs.
Ability to transfer emergency calls to 9-1-1.
Accurate, updated information about community resources in Vermont.
What kind of services can you refer me to?
Vermont 2-1-1 provides all people in Vermont with free access to community resources through information and referral (I&R). This access includes personal assistance by telephone and online through a searchable database of services, including the following:
- Child Care Resource and Referral
- Clothing and Thrift Shops
- Consumer Services
- Crisis Services
- Discrimination Assistance
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Services
- Education—GED Instruction, Computer Classes
- Employment Services
- Food Shelves and Nutrition Programs
- Health Care Services
- Alcohol and Drug Programs
- Housing—Homeless Prevention, Shelter, Tenants’ Rights
- Independent Living Services
- Legal Assistance
- Mental Health Care and Counseling
- Military, Family and Community Network
- Parenting Programs
- Senior Information & Assistance
- Stop Smoking Programs
- Support Groups
- Utility Assistance
- Youth and Family Services
- Veteran Services
- Wellness Programs